The library offers Information Skills Training courses to help you improve your searching skills.
- HOW TO FIND THE EVIDENCE through the Education Centre Library. To provide an overview of resources available through the Library. Includes: The library and catalogue, NHS Athens, Online journals and brief introductions to NHS Evidence and Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures (Course lasts for 1½ hours).
- WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH AN ATHENS ACCOUNT. Overview of the resources available with an NHS Athens account, as well as how to obtain an account. (Course lasts for 30 mins).
- LITERATURE SEARCHING FOR ALL (Database searching on NHS Evidence). To provide an introduction to Healthcare Databases Advanced Search (HDAS) on NHS Evidence, with a hands-on session. Course covers MEDLINE, CINAHL and others (Course lasts for 1¼ hours).
- ONLINE JOURNALS MADE EASY. To provide an introduction to searching for articles online using NHS Athens (Course lasts for 1 hour).
- CRITICAL APPRAISAL: An Introduction. To provide an overview and introduction to critically appraising an article, with a hands-on session (Course lasts for 1½ hours).
- GET TO KNOW TRUST RESOURCES: Learn how to use the electronic resources available to you at SWFT:
- Royal Marsden Manual online
- Cochrane Library
- Trip Database
INDICATE YOUR TRAINING INTERESTS THROUGH OUR ONLINE ‘NEED HELP‘ FORM, or contact the library (details below)
Courses are run for ‘One to One’ and small group training, or special sessions for larger and departmental teams anywhere in the trust. Contact Nick Harden to discuss ‘bespoke’ training sessions for groups and departments.
Contact Nick Harden in the library (x 4287) for more information.