Library Members agree to abide by the following as a condition of membership. Please read the following library regulations before submitting your membership form:
1. Loans may be kept for 6 weeks unless specified. 16 loan items are permitted per user at any one time.
2. Loans are renewed automatically 5 times unless another user has reserved the item. If an item is reserved you must return it by the due date. Loans may be reissued for further periods after being seen by library staff.
3. Members are required to pay for any lost or unreturned items. All items must be returned at the end of the member’s employment or placement.
4. Members will be held responsible for any damage caused to items whilst in their possession.
5. Members must inform the library if their contact details change. You can log on to your account and change your details online.
6. Internet use within the library is provided primarily for educational, research and clinical purposes and this will take priority over any personal and leisure usage. All users must observe trust Internet Usage Policy (SWH 01626 – accessible on Trust Intranet) when using library computers.
7. Any unauthorised removal of items of stock from the library will result in loss of library privileges.
8. Copyright legislation must not be infringed when photocopying material.
9. Please consider electrical equipment, library materials and other library users if you need to consume food and drink in the library.
10. Please be considerate when using mobile phones and music listening devises in the library. Bleeps and mobile phones should be answered and calls made outside.
11. Please respect that the library is a quiet work area used for study and research purposes.
These regulations have been updated in line with the library’s membership of the HeLM Consortium. For full conditions, please visit: https://www.healthlibrariesmidlands.nhs.uk/your_membership/