The library is open 24 hours per day and at weekends and all services are available with the following safety measures in place:
- Gel dispensers around the Library
- Screens at the enquiry desk
- Fewer computers and study desks in use to encourage social distancing
- Cleaning wipes available to wipe down computers and surfaces
- Books are put to one side for 72 hours and wiped down before being put on the shelves
- Wearing face masks
If you use our space please observe social distancing rules and wear a mask. PLEASE OBSERVE ALL CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE GUIDELINES.
Are you working from home?
If you are working from home and need online journals, databases or online publications, make sure you have a current NHS Athens account. Go to our Resources Access column on all pages, click on ‘Open Athens Registration’ and fill in the online form. If you have home access to trust e-mails, register using your trust e-mail address. You will receive an ‘activation e-mail’. Reply to this and set your password at the same time. Your account will be activated immediately. If you do not have access to trust e-mails, register with a private or university address, then e-mail Nicholas.Harden@swft.nhs.uk or Jayne.Johnson@swft.nhs.uk and we will activate your account. Please go to the ‘Athens’ tab for further details.
Click and Collect
- Go to the catalogue and log in using your membership number and PIN on your library card. Please contact the library staff if you do not have these
- Look up the books you need. Make sure the book is in stock at Education Centre Library – South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Click on ‘Add to folder’. Once you have selected all your books, go to ‘Folder’ at the top of the page, tick all books, then Place a Reservation. You can remove books from your list at this stage
- Books can be collected on Mondays and Fridays ONLY. Please contact us to arrange hand-over. Otherwise we will post the book to your department / workplace
- If it is on loan, we will contact you after it is returned. Please be aware that we will ‘quarantine’ books for 3 days after return
- Unless urgently needed by another member we ask that all book are kept with the borrower until the library reopens. Return dates will be adjusted in line with this. If a book is needed, we will make special arrangements with you for its return.
- If you do need to return books before the return date please contact us to arrange hand-over. Do not come to the building without prior arrangement