URGENT URGENT URGENT
The Education Centre Building is being locked down as of 18/12/2020 due to COVID. This means that there is NO ACCESS to the Education Centre Library, until further notice.
All books on loan will be renewed until 29th January 2021 to cover this period. We regret we cannot access our books or issue loans at present.
Are you working from home?
If you are working from home and need online journals, databases or online publications, make sure you have a current NHS Athens account. Go to our Resources Access column on all pages, click on ‘Open Athens Registration’ and fill in the online form. If you have home access to trust e-mails, register using your trust e-mail address. You will receive an ‘activation e-mail’. Reply to this and set your password at the same time. Your account will be activated immediately. If you do not have access to trust e-mails, register with a private or university address, then e-mail Nicholas.Harden@swft.nhs.uk or Jayne.Johnson@swft.nhs.uk and we will activate your account. Please go to the ‘Athens’ tab for further details.
Due to the Education Centre being used as a Covid vaccination hub, you are not permitted to access the library at this time. Library staff will ONLY BE able to access books on Mondays and Fridays from 11th January 2021. Click & Collect is available. Details are given below.
- For further information please e-mail Nicholas.Harden@swft.nhs.uk or use the General Feedback page on the website.
Click and Collect
- Go to the catalogue and log in using your membership number and PIN on your library card. Please contact the library staff if you do not have these
- Look up the books you need. Make sure the book is in stock at Education Centre Library – South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Click on ‘Add to folder’. Once you have selected all your books, go to ‘Folder’ at the top of the page, tick all books, then Place a Reservation. You can remove books from your list at this stage
- Books can be collected on Mondays and Fridays ONLY. Please contact us to arrange hand-over. Otherwise we will post the book to your department / workplace
- If it is on loan, we will contact you after it is returned. Please be aware that we will ‘quarantine’ books for 3 days after return
- Unless urgently needed by another member we ask that all book are kept with the borrower until the library reopens. Return dates will be adjusted in line with this. If a book is needed, we will make special arrangements with you for its return.
- If you do need to return books before the return date please contact us to arrange hand-over. Do not come to the building without prior arrangement
LATEST ISSUE – Read All About IT