DIFFERENT STAFFED HOURS: LOCKDOWN PERIOD From 9th November 2020 until 2nd December 2020
There will be different staffing over the second COVID Lockdown period. The library will be staffed as follows:
- Monday 9.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- Tuesday 9.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- Wednesday 7.15 a.m. – 3.00 p.m.
- Thursday 7.15 a.m. – 3.00 p.m.
- Friday 9.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
If the library is unstaffed, please follow all Covid guidelines. COVID slips MUST be filled in for each visit.
NEW RULES FOR OVERDUE BOOKS AND CHARGES
Due to a small number of members accruing high overdue charges and delays in the return of late books new regulations are in place.
- Members receiving a FINAL overdue reminder will have their accounts blocked and will not be able to borrow or renew books
- Members who have received a FINAL overdue must return overdue books to the library and pay overdue charges before their account can be unblocked. This will relate to ALL outstanding charges on an account
- Once overdue books are returned and charges paid books can be re-borrowed or new loans selected
- For further information please e-mail Nicholas.Harden@swft.nhs.uk or use the General Feedback page on the website
LIBRARY 24 HOUR and WEEKEND OPENING RECOMMENCES MONDAY 7th SEPTEMBER
- Social distancing measures have been imposed. We regret that this means that there are a reduced number of PC workstations and study carrels
- LIMIT OF SEVEN PEOPLE IN THE ROOM AT ONE TIME MUST BE OBSERVED
- Please ensure you fill in a Covid-19 Track and Trace slip before you leave. Make sure you put on the time you leave!
- Door records will be taken to ensure numbers are being complied with
- PLEASE OBSERVE ALL CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE GUIDELINES
Services are still available online via the website and e-mail
Click and Collect for book loans
- Go to the catalogue and log in using your membership number and PIN on you library card. Please contact the library if you do not have these
- Look up the books or subject required in the search field
- Click on ‘Add to your folder’. Once you have selected all your books, go to ‘Folder’ at the top of the page, tick all books, then Place a Reservation. You can remove books from your list at this stage. If available, we will put the book aside for your to collect. If not, we will reserve it for you on its return
- Books can now be borrowed from Coventry and Warwickshire NHS libraries. These may take longer to supply
- Please be aware that we will ‘quarantine’ books for 24 hours after return. We will let you know as soon as this period is over
- When returning books to the library, please leave them in the book return box outside the library door
We regret that, as our book supplier has recently ceased trading we are currently unable to buy books for the library at Warwick Hospital. Please reserve books from one of the other libraries. Setting up a new supplier is in process.
Are you working from home?
If you are working from home and need online journals, databases or online publications, make sure you have a current NHS Athens account. Go to our Resources Access column on all pages, click on ‘Open Athens Registration’ and fill in the online form. If you have home access to trust e-mails, register using your trust e-mail address. You will receive an ‘activation e-mail’. Reply to this and set your password at the same time. Your account will be activated immediately. If you do not have access to trust e-mails, register with a private or university address, then e-mail Nicholas.Harden@swft.nhs.uk and we will activate your account. Please go to to the ‘Athens’ tab for further details.
LATEST ISSUE – Read All About IT
‘Read all about it’ Volume 1 Issue 5