Have you checked online resources?
- Databases: SWiFTSearch,‘EbscoHost, UpToDate or HDAS under ‘Resources Access’. You will need to log in with an NHS Athens username/password at ‘Open Athens Login’. These Resources allow various types of search. If you do not have an NHS Athens username/password then go to https://openathens.nice.org.uk/ to register.
- Online journals: Go to Full Text Finder under Resources Access, or Library Journals in SWiFTSearch to find online journals. Titles are listed with period covered and access limits.
- Printed Journals: Education Centre Library – A small selection of printed journals are available including BMJ, New England Journal of Medicine and Nursing Times.
- Training: Full training is available for searching and discovering online journals.
- General Internet search (e.g. via Google). You may be surprised – some articles from journals are free.
Forms must be filled in as accurately as possible.
- If you have limited information on the article you need, please show/email the library staff the source of your reference, this may help in tracking it down.
- You may be asked to SIGN FOR THE ARTICLE.
Numerous Requests (e.g. 10+ from one person)
- We will endeavour to submit all loan requests within 24 hours of receipt. Numerous requests from one person will be dealt with but not necessarily within 24 hours.
- Most requests are now free. Articles downloaded from online resources or supplied by NHS libraries are free of charge. We charge £3.00 per request for articles provided by other libraries (Students £5.00). This is much less than the library will be charged by the supplying library. If the article is chargeable and is not collected and no contact made with the library, the entire cost of the photocopy will be passed onto the requester.